Dev


Dev- she called me, instead of my name,
When asked of the reason, she said with shame,
You are the noblest ever love of mine,
You are for me a blessing divine,

Our tale was known by the town complete,
And marriage was round the bend,
Father advised me to earn something,

Before the proposal was sent,Thus, in search of work I set for the city,
But told her not of it to keep a surprise,
I thought I shall earn and bring for her,
Money or gifts otherwise,
Who knew that mere absence would kill love?
Who knew she would consider me dead?
‘You are my Dev, my love for life,’
I reckon she had thus once said,

Feeling sad for her I returned to town,
To love and embrace in that lane discreet,
How glad she would be to get me back!
How pleased to see me breathe!

Her Dev was back to her life,
It must indeed be her pleasure,
I didn’t knew in the meanwhile,
Much was looted of her treasure,

I ran to her thirsty for love,
But a lot had changed in months five,
The only pain that I saw in her eyes,
Was of seeing me yet alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment