A wall to Creep On


  How can I ever forget you dear?
  When losing you is my greatest fear,
  I can’t and I won’t
  By God I swear, now and here,

  You were there along in my saddest night,
  Where was any hope for me?
  It was who designed an hopeful light,
  You didn’t judge me, just trusted,

  You believed that I was right,
  Who cared in this world for my tears,
  Who came to my heart, so close, so near,
  It was indeed you, just you my dear,

  I wished to write a poem on you,
  But words say, they can’t conjure,
  Only the heart sees and knows,
  The true image I have of yours,

  But at least this much I can say,
  Thank you! Sweet friend,
  For you are a dream to sleep on,
  You are the shoulder to weep on,
  I must be a fallen soul without you,
  You are my wall to creep on.


From My Poems: Twenty Ten

No comments:

Post a Comment